1) Energy drinks contain 60 to 80 mg of caffeine on average. Cola beverages contain 50 mg of caffeine and a cup of coffee contains 60 to 90 mg of caffeine. In addition to being a stimulant, caffeine is also a fat burner. Caffeine is an Alkaloid that can be found in more than 60 plants. When the caffeine is in the tea, it is called Thein and when it is in the Guarana plant, it is called Guaranine. Caffeine plays a pesticide role in plants and can paralyze or kill insects that feed on it.
Caffeine is a stimulant of the central neural system and temporarily relieves sleepiness and alerts the person. Caffeine is also a metabolic stimulant.
Refreshment, concentration increase, dilation of blood vessels, increase in physical and mental capacity, increase in endurance and urine, slack in muscles, increase in gastric acid, … are whole effects of caffeine on the body.
It is interesting to note that caffeine increases the effect of painkillers prescribed to relieve headaches by 40 %.
Symptoms of caffeine deprivation include headache, irritability, inability to concentrate, abdominal pain, anxiety, nausea and drowsiness.
2) Taurine is an unnecessary amino acid and body is capable of making it. Of course, stress, illness, physical exhaustion, and injuries increase the body's need for Taurine, as the body cannot produce enough Taurine in these conditions.
It has many roles in the body. Taurine plays a role in the formation of muscle tissue. Taurine is a major component of bile that we need to digest fats, control blood cholesterol and absorb fat-soluble vitamins. Taurine along with Zinc is essential for the health of eyes and a sense of sight. Taurine is an antioxidant and also has a detoxifying effect on the body. Taurine lowers blood pressure in the body.
Taurine is useful for the treatment of anxiety, hyperactivity, poor brain activity, and epilepsy, brain rehydration. Taurine intake in energy drinks stimulates the neural system, increases energy, refreshment, uplifts, increases endurance and relieves stress. Some research suggests that consumption of Taurine increases the likelihood of alcohol users.
3) Energy drinks contain large amounts of natural carbohydrates or artificial sweeteners. Therefore, they increase the level of energy in the body.
4) Vitamins, group B, are involved in metabolism and increase energy levels in the body.
* It is not recommended for pregnant and nursing mothers and children.